The 2019 Spring Physicals for Magnolia West High School and Magnolia Junior High will be in May (date TBA).
The physicals will occur during the school day during student’s athletic periods and will continue after school hours. There is not a specific ending time. the physicians will be available as long as students need a physical. Once there is a fifteen to twenty minute stoppage, the physicians will leave. It is important that you do not wait until the last second. In years previous, that time has been at approximately 4:30 PM.
The Cost of the physical is $20.00, cash is preferred, but checks will be accepted made out to MISD Athletics.
Every athletic, ROTC, band, cheer, and dance participant (and their guardian) is required to complete and sign the "athletic forms" on the ArbiterAthlete Website. If you do not have an account, or have not completed the paperwork, please follow the directions below:
1. Go to www.arbiterathlete.com
2. Sign up (both parent and student must create separate accounts)
3. It will prompt you
to link your account after it's created (enter your student's email or cell phone,
whichever they will use to create their account) it will send them a link
4. Once the accounts are created, you will click on "athletic forms", both student and parent have to sign each form electronically from their own accounts
5. The first form is the Medical history, you will answer all the questions, and when both of you have signed and submitted it. Print a copy to take with you to get your physical.
6. The second form is the physical form, you can click the "print/download" the blank form to take to the doctor (or bring to the physical day in May at MWHS). Once the form is completed and signed and dated by your physician, you can either have the student turn it into the athletic trainers, or you can upload it from your arbiter account and I will receive a notification to approve it as well
7. Please make sure all required athletic forms are signed and submitted, then your athlete will be eligible to participate
8. If you have multiple children, you only need one parent account and can link to multiple student accounts.
Magnolia ISD School Board policy requires a physical annually. This physical needs to be performed on or AFTER April 1st of the year that fall sports begin. Physicals performed in the fall of the year before will be accepted.
The forms need to be completed on the current physical forms (located on arbiterathlete.com in your student's account), and all previous forms will not be accepted. The University Scholastic League (UIL) periodically changes the wording or either adds or deletes certain portions of the required paperwork, so it is VERY important to use the current forms while completed required paperwork. If you are not certain as to the form you have have, you can always call the athletic trainers to verify if you have the correct form. Again, if you have any questions, please call the athletic training office at 281.252.2550 ext. 7266.